“We Build the Wall” is a privately funded organization that has begun work on the border wall, aiming to seal a stretch of land that has no border on Fox & Friends wall at all. Former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, a spokesman for the group, went Monday to speak on the reason the project was undertaken. He explained that there is a “ridiculously large gap” near Mount Cristo Rey, and drug and human smugglers have been taking advantage of it.
The barrier is being built on private land, making it the first of its kind to be developed on privately owned land. Authorities in the El Paso Sector provide support for the counties of El Paso and Hudspeth in the state of Texas and the entire state of New Mexico. Apprehensions in the sector have risen 1,816% from March of 2018 to April of 2019 as a biproduct of average daily apprehensions of 930 people, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. “This is the first time any private organization has built border wall on private land,” Kobach told Pete Hegseth of Fox and Friends, adding that the Army Corps of Engineers had said previously that the strip of land was impossible to build on, saying it was too rugged for fencing.
Koback went on to say that the construction project was directly funded through private donations to the organization. “We’ll keep on building as long as people keep chipping in. The average contribution has been only $67 but so many people have chipped in,” he said. Kobach also said that crews have been working throughout the holiday weekend to ensure the projected is completed as quickly as possible. Kobach then said that plans are in the works to begin construction on a second wall in another location.
The commencing of this project came as a result of a recent ruling, which saw a liberal Obama nominated federal judge block President Trump from building key sections of the border wall with money secured under his declaration of a national emergency, causing a temporary roadblock to a solution for one of this nation’s greatest problems.
U.S. District Judge Haywood Gilliam Jr.’s order, issued Friday, prevents work from beginning on two of the highest-priority, Pentagon-funded wall projects — one spanning 46 miles in New Mexico and another covering 5 miles in Yuma, Ariz. “In short, the position that when Congress declines the Executive’s request to appropriate funds, the Executive nonetheless may simply find a way to spend those funds “without Congress” does not square with fundamental separation of powers principles dating back to the earliest days of our Republic,” wrote Gilliam.
Gilliam’s ruling does not prevent the Trump administration from using other sources to fund the wall. Over the weekend, however, Trump pledged to file an expedited appeal of the ruling. He issued a response via Twitter: “Another activist Obama appointed judge has just ruled against us on a section of the Southern Wall that is already under construction. This is a ruling against Border Security and in favor of crime, drugs and human trafficking. We are asking for an expedited appeal!”
President Trump knows what this country needs, and the only things stopping him are the Democrats and their remaining lifelines from a treacherous Obama administration.