President Donald Trump is fed up with the mainstream media and is planning something that could end their reign of terror in this country.
Trump is reportedly planning the launch of a massive online media company after his time in office that would become a competitor to Fox News, which has recently exposed its contempt for the president and his supporters.
Axios reported the news on Thursday and it comes after Trump has increasingly criticized Fox in recent months over its coverage and most recently, its decision to call the state of Arizona way too early for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.
“He plans to wreck Fox. No doubt about it,” a source told Axios.
The president has extensive email and cell phone lists from his 2016 and 2020 campaigns that he can use to help launch a media venture, and the people who are equally fed up with Fox News’ coverage would also flock to a network that improves upon what Fox claims to be.
Many of the members of Trump’s target audience for a media venture are likely Fox viewers.
Trump is planning to sidestep the boundaries of launching a cable network and moving straight to an online streaming/subscription service.
“Trump’s digital offering would likely charge a monthly fee to MAGA fans. Many are Fox News viewers, and he’d aim to replace the network — and the $5.99-a-month Fox Nation streaming service, which has an 85% conversation rate from free trials to paid subscribers — as their top destination,” Axios reports.
Trump’s recent and fierce criticism of the network has been accompanied by offering praise to other networks such as Newsmax and One America News Network [OANN].
“Watching @FoxNews on weekend afternoons is a total waste of time. We now have some great alternatives, like @OANN,” he said in a tweet earlier this year.
But the president doesn’t need to do much trash talking to convince Fox News viewers that the network is not the one they’re looking for. Fox is capable of doing that all by themselves by doing things like censoring White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany.
On Monday, Fox News cut away from a press conference by McEnany as she was calling out the Democrats for undermining U.S. elections by not supporting voter ID laws.
“You take these positions because you are welcoming fraud and you are welcoming illegal voting,” she said moments before Fox News host Neil Cavuto stopped airing her comments.
“Our position is clear, we want to protect the franchise of the American people. We want an honest, accurate, lawful count. We want maximum sunlight; we want maximum transparency. We want every legal vote to be counted and we want every illegal vote to be discarded. Unlike our opponents, we have nothing to hide.”
“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Cavuto said, cutting in. “I just think we have to be very clear that she’s charging that the other side is welcoming fraud and welcoming illegal voting. Unless she has more details to back that up, I can’t in good conscience continue showing you this.”